Hey everyone, here are some great and fun activities located in Summit County for you and your family to enjoy during the holidays!
1. Skiing/ Snowboarding: Of course being in Summit County, you have access to some of the greatest ski resorts in the world. Ski the four peaks Breckenridge has to offer, try night skiing at Keystone, or even ski the legendary back bowls at Vail.
2. Snowshoeing: A great alternative, snowshoeing allows you to put yourself directly in the wilderness and explore some of the great trails that Summit County has to offer. Check out the Breckenridge Nordic Center located on Peak 8 for information on trails and snowshoe rentals.
3. Sledding: Your children will love sledding! Summit County offers many venues to slide yourself down. Try Carter Park, located by Breckenridge Elementary School, in Breckenridge or the new Tubing hill at Frisco Adventure Park, located in Frisco or either of the tubing hills located at the top of Vail and Keystone
4. Hit the Town: With many shopping and dining options, Breckenridge offers something for everyone. Try Crepes a la Cart for some delicious snacks or go get some new snowboard gear at the Underground, located on Main Street.
5. Nordic Skiing: Instead of heading up to the mountain, go try nordic skiing with your family! There are Nordic centers located at the Golf Course in Breckenridge as well as in Ski Hill Road near the base of Peak 8.
I hope everyone is able to find some great activities to do during this holiday season. With all that Summit County has to offer, I'm sure you'll never find yourself bored!
-- Cody Cirillo