With 20 lifts to cover in one day earning the Heavenly Conquerer pin on EpicMix is quite an accomplishment. I earned mine back in January at the annual Tahoe Snowcial. Some friends (JP Lagos, Lars Ames, Jon Slaughter) and I were guided by Heavenly snowboard coach Dan Rich to earn the Conquerer pin. Take these tips from a local to get the job done right!
1. Check skiheavenly.com in the morning to verify all lifts are scheduled to operate.
2. Get a group of friends and sign-up for a private mountain tour; this way you get to use the priority line at the lifts.
3. Think of the mountain in sections and tackle them one at a time. Carry a trail map to keep track of lifts you've ridden
and where you're heading.
4. Stay hydrated, work breaks into your route; East Peak and Snow Beach are the fastest stops.
5. Apres at Cal Bar once you're done!
Here is a proven route:
Gondola, Big Easy
Lower Nevada - Boulder, Northbowl, Olympic, Stagecoach
Upper Nevada - Dipper, Mott, Galaxy, Comet
Upper California - Sky, Canyon, Powderbowl, Patsy's
Lower California - World Cup, Tram, Groove, Gunbarrel, First Ride
Cal Bar :)
Insider tip: All lifts are scheduled to operate on April 3rd & 4th - you may want to work out your own route to make sure and get World Cup in the morning when it will be running.