Before I joined Snow Squad, I was a mere, poor, international student with a flip phone. A flip phone with no camera. A flip phone with no internet. A flip phone with an old-school keyboard for writing text messages with a bad text predictor. It was the worst. I had the luxury of a Blackberry in England and had to deal with this ridiculous excuse for a phone here. The one good thing about it was that, even if I threw it across the room, it didn’t break. And I never cared about losing it. That was about it. So you can imagine my delight at receiving a Sprint Motorola 4G Android back in October. It was like Christmas and 6 months later, I still love this phone. Here is why:
1) The Touch ScreenThe touch screen on this phone is amazing. It picks up everything and isn’t annoying. It is also really responsive and fast, especially while one is playing games such as ‘Fruit Ninja’ and the touch screen needs to be alert. Also, texting is so, so easy and quick.
2) The CameraWith 8 mega-pixels of camera in this phone, it is the best for taking pictures and with Instagram now being on Droid as well as the iPhone, you have the ultimate application to make your images look good and a place where you can share them socially too.
3) The AppsAs I mentioned above, the apps on this phone are amazing and easy to use. My particular favorites are ‘Draw Something’, ‘Instagram’, ‘Words with Friends’, ‘The Anchorman Soundboard’, ‘WhatsApp’, ‘Runkeeper’ and the cardiograph one which takes your heart rate. Awesome. The social networks all work great too, from Facebook to Twitter to Foursquare.
4) Screen sizeThe screen size on this phone is perfect for reading the news or updates on the web. It is large enough that you do not feel like you are squinting at the screen, but small enough that the phone doesn’t feel too big in your pocket. I am still very much a ‘print reading for fun’ type of girl, but this phone is great for ‘on the move’ reading.
5) KickstandThe kickstand on this phone is great. Just flip it out, choose your display and enjoy the ease of not having to pick up your phone to see why it is vibrating. Sheer laziness, of course, but marvelous all the same.
I would recommend this phone to anyone especially as the service on the mountain is perfect. No other provider can compete with the phone’s performance on the hill.
As this season comes to an end, I have to say how much of a pleasure it has been being the blogger this season. I have loved every second of it, even if the snow wasn’t as great as last year. I plan to write Mother Nature a strongly worded letter before next year, but as for this season: it has been a blast.
Thanks and have a great summer!
-- Kate Thomas